We are delighted to formally announce the public launch of Championing Social Care!
Established by a volunteer group of dedicated and passionate leaders from across our social care sector, Championing Social Care has a vision to ensure a wider and deeper public understanding, appreciation and respect for social care. We do not seek to represent the care sector or care workers, choosing to focus on delivering the positive stories and initiatives. We will shine a light on the incredible value of the social care to society and those who live and work within it.
We have bold aspirations for Championing Social Care. Core to our work is fundraising for sector-relevant charitable causes, building on the achievements of our notable Care Sector Fundraising Ball which has raised some £350,000 in its first two years alone. We will also drive forward the new #SocialForSparkleCare social media campaign, established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. And much more!
Our ambition for Championing Social Care is to provide a vehicle for leaders and operators to easily shine a light on the incredible value social care is to our society. We are delighted to have secured support from four Founding Partners to enable us to recruit a full-time team member and deliver this exciting vision. We are already fortunate to be able to count upon the support of a wide group of fantastic leaders and would love you to be a part of a movement that spans our entire sector!
Here are a number of ways in which you can support our exciting new initiative:
- Encourage your organisation & fellow operators to join us as supporters, by downloading our new corporate supporter icon and adding it your website with a link to championingsocialcare.org.uk.
- Sign up to our newsletter.
- Show you and/or your organisation’s support of the initiative via social media, using the #ChampioningSocialCare and #SparkleforSocialCare hashtags.
- Follow, like and engage with our social media channels – Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter
- Share details of the initiative throughout your organisation, perhaps via your HR and/or Marketing teams. The attached flyer is available to share.